Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The Classic Ford forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!twin side draft weber carby to manifold toque settings?

Author
griezy
Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 141
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 2680
2018/06/16 01:05:56 (permalink)

twin side draft weber carby to manifold toque settings?

hi guys, as some of you may of seen i've just picked up my new 2ltr engine with twin weber two days ago,

im new to side draft webers and ive been trying to search online for toque settings for the carbies to manifold, can not find any info

the manifold-webers were of the engine when i pick it up so i put the manifold - webers on the back seat of the car, anyways when i got home i took them out as they were stinking out the car of fuel, i sat them down on the floor of the garage and notice there were a cap between both carbies and the manifold i could see between the gasket and both carby and the manifold, and thought (that's strange carbies normally are tight to the manifolds, 

next morning i thought ill get a spanner and tight them up, all nuts were not even hand tight, i did one carb and stopped and thought it not tightening right, so i went to get my single side weber out that i bought years ago but never ended putting it on, and that one was loose as well, are they suppose to be loose?

post edited by griezy - 2019/01/01 23:28:06

Attached Image(s)

2 Replies Related Threads

Noono
    Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 120
    • Scores: 2
    • Reward points: 3715
    Re: twin side draft weber carby to manifold toque settings? 2018/06/16 21:00:28 (permalink)
    Yes they are meant to be loose, as they are anti-vibration mounts to try & prevent fuel frothing. The gap should be equal all around.
    griezy
    Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 141
    • Scores: 0
    • Reward points: 2680
    Re: twin side draft weber carby to manifold toque settings? 2019/01/01 23:44:31 (permalink)
    Noono
    Yes they are meant to be loose, as they are anti-vibration mounts to try & prevent fuel frothing. The gap should be equal all around.

thanks Noono, sorry for the late reply

Jump to:

© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1