Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The Classic Ford forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Ford Cortina Mk5 2ltr Pinto engine Auxillary pully bearing/bush HELP

Author
Joolz
Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 28
2021/07/24 06:11:34 (permalink)

Ford Cortina Mk5 2ltr Pinto engine Auxillary pully bearing/bush HELP

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to remove and replace the Auxillary pulley bearing/bush?  
Haven't got a clue how to extract the existing bush and I cannot find any info in any of the books I have, any chance anyone has actually done this and could shed some light, to stop me from pulling my hair out.
Cheers guys appreciated. 

1 Reply Related Threads

martymexico
    Deity
    • Total Posts : 1418
    • Scores: 69
    • Reward points: 4295
    Re: Ford Cortina Mk5 2ltr Pinto engine Auxillary pully bearing/bush HELP 2021/07/24 11:39:13 (permalink)
    I did one a long time ago, tho they don't usually wear out unless swarf starts grinding bearings down. What I did and don't take this as what to do , I lightly cut the bearing with a hacksaw blade then chiseled it out. Replacing the bearing once it was all cleaned in the area I had a socket with a shaved end to cup the bearing straight and just proceed to tap it in making sure the oil hole lines up. Even tho it was a dodgy install, the motor ran fine for many years and kms before it was rebuilt and a friend bought it the bearing was good to go again and still running strong. The bearing is the same as a cam bearing, not sure which one tho, maybe the rear one..
    Or take the block to a engine machine shop and get them to do it for a few bucks
    Jump to:

© 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1