Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The Classic Ford forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!Capri front suspension

Author
escfalcap
Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Scores: 1
  • Reward points: 75
2020/05/14 14:53:26 (permalink)

Capri front suspension

Hi Guys, This is a bit left field and I won't be able to pull the suspension out for a couple of weeks.

I bought from Burtons, Gaz (GZGAI4108) inserts and coils (CS132), together they are meant to lower ~1".
I appear to have a problem. The front of the car appears to be sitting way too high. The distance from the centreline of the hub to the lip of the guard (both sides) is 375mm. Could someone please give me their measurements.

The new coil springs (CS132, 190lb) free length (10.5") is more than 3" lower than the originals (which measure 340mm uncompressed).
I have fitted a 24mm front sway bar and K-MAC (part# 180716- 1J) front caster/camber adjustable strut tops.

I am wondering if it is something like the super stiff sway bar not allowing the lc arms to pivot enough or something like that.
However it sat high even before I had the bar installed.

Help?

Attached Image(s)

2 Replies Related Threads

gtv6capri
    Deity
    • Total Posts : 1400
    • Scores: 46
    • Reward points: 4232
    Re: Capri front suspension 2020/05/14 18:34:38 (permalink)
    pretty sure the adjustable tops raise the car by an inch or 2

Capri The car I always promised myself
    escfalcap
    Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 23
    • Scores: 1
    • Reward points: 75
    Re: Capri front suspension 2020/05/14 20:10:41 (permalink)
    Thanks John, I have heard as much but figured with the lowering by about an inch with the new coils and the possible raising by the adjustable tops, they would negate each other. I will put an old spring seat and top mount together and try to measure the difference to the current installation.
    Its really got me stumped as the difference in height between the unloaded OEM and new spring is 3"
    The compressed (with full weight of car) spring is measuring ~200mm (was 265mm free).
    So a couple of measurements from other V6 persons, vertically from the centreline of the axle (hub) to lip of guard and the loaded length of the coil, overall seat to seat, would help.
    Thanks.

Attached Image(s)

Jump to:

© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1