Go back to home

We have detected that you are using ad blocking software.
The Classic Ford forum is made possible by ad revenue.
Please disable your ad blocker to ensure that this site lives on.

Hot!Metal Cancer

Author
NQRS
Deity
  • Total Posts : 784
  • Scores: 37
  • Reward points: 4984
2020/04/25 14:26:51 (permalink)

Metal Cancer

Hi all,
As Posted last week, got the RS into the panel beater. This guy was recommended by a member of my car club and felt at ease as soon as I rocked up. Immediately pointed out some faults from previous job, which I couldn't for the life of me spot, got out his sander and showed me what had happened last  time, did only the very minimum needed and didn't look any further to find possible problems.  As you will see from the pics  he checked much more thoroughly - found a nasty little cancer cluster hiding in the inner arch, cut it all out, some was fibreglass?? cleaned and rust treated all the inner sections and re-plated  all the damaged area.  Colour matching is faultless and looks like new. 

He had to take off the rear section stripe to do it but I had a sample and got a new one made.  Also got my drivers side door refitted so it now closes properly and matched the body contour- about 3rd go someone has had to do it. It's a bit tight still as I also fitted a new inner seal for the door. Happy Days !!
Cheers,

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

NQRS
    Deity
    • Total Posts : 784
    • Scores: 37
    • Reward points: 4984
    Re: Metal Cancer 2020/04/27 20:45:46 (permalink)
    some pics of the finished job...

Attached Image(s)

Jump to:

© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1