The rear end is back in and just about done now, getting some brake lines made up and a handbrake cable is on its way from the UK. It was a pleasure to reassemble, everythings either new, replated or powdercoated. I don't think it came from Ford looking like this shiny.
Also had a lot of zinc plating done, this guy does amazing work, cheap too. 120 pieces, nuts, bolts door strikers, latches etc for $120. I spent a morning nylon brushing then buffing them all beforehand but at that price it was no hardship.
I've turned it around in the garage and started on the front end now. Few hiccups there though.
The springs were SSL's and it sat lower than the rear without an engine so I've ordered some standard height items.
Then the steering box was identified as a MK2 with the longer idler arm, it'd bind up to a point and then let go. How it was previously driven I don't know. I thought I could just swap the arm out but the spines are a different size so after much searching I have a MK1 unit on its way.
It wasn't all bad though, on stripping the struts for powdercoating it has some brand name inserts, adjustable top mounts and all the bushes look near new and usable.