The gearbox turned into a bit of a headache but its finally done.
I took it to a recommended shop, the guy seemed ok so I left it with him. I'd call every second Wednesday to be told it'd be ready for the weekend, turn up on Friday arvo and nothing had been done. This went on for 10 weeks. By then I'd had enough and went to collect it. He had the cheek to want payment for the disassembly. Funnily enough another guy had turned up in the meantime, he'd been waiting on his one for 6 months and was irrate. Things were going south pretty quick and some pushing and shoving began between them. At this point I saw my opportunity, grabbed my stuff from the bench and split.
Unfortunately, when I got home and did a stocktake bits were missing. I managed to find a donor box and another builder and within a week it was complete and back home.
On the upside I got a few other jobs done in the meantime.
The fuel filter has always been dirty so I pulled the tank and decided to put a kit through it.
After the first rinse it became apparent what the problem was when I was greeted by 40 years of fuel gum.
It took a whole weekend of soaking, pressure washing and rinsing for the fluids to finally run clear.
I put the sealer through it, blew out the vacuum lines and its as good as new.
One hint if anyones thinking about doing this, don't use the whole tin of sealer as recommended. The fuel baffle in the spout is very effective and its a bugger to pour out the excess.
I also managed to pick up some tyres worthy of the expected power upgrade. I'd been chatting with the tyre guy at Wanneroo park (Barbagallo) and he mentioned that he had some Nankang, road legal, semi slicks that I could have for $120 each. Couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough
I've fitted up all of the dash Leds and taken care of a couple of other electrical items aswell.
The engine build is commencing with the head in the shop at the moment being crack tested and parts arriving from around the globe.
Phew thats it for now...