Escort mk2 Sundowner project [VIC]
I've owned and driven my Sundowner for a while now with with the plan to restore it. I've been living overseas on and off for years so I think it's time for me to pass it on to someone who can get it done. There's not a lot to these vans so would be a fun project.
I have photographed and noted majority of the details/parts on Flickr but can't link to it on here (?) PM me for the link or check the attached image.
I owned and drove it regularly back in 2008 but then took it off the road and stored it since. As well as the van, I had also bought two other Sundowner donor vans. Those two donor vans have since gone but I have kept a lot of the parts from those two vans.
I'm open to offers on it, I have listed the parts separately (things like the RS steering wheels, 1/4 bumpers etc).
I'm based in Melbourne, hit me on here if you want to chat.
A bit about the van;
- It currently has a non-original running 2.0 litre engine. It starts but is very rough in the lower revs and has not been driven properly in years so I can't say what state it's in. It used to be fine before I took it off the road, never fine tuned but a reliable donk. The engine was missing a manual fuel pump so a basic electric pump was added. There is a fireball dizzy conversion on there and the standard Weber setup.
-The original engine is included but is seized (my bad from not putting oil in it). It is as it was when I pulled it from the van and replaced it with the engine that is in there now.
- The van itself is originally in Modena green but was resprayed at some stage prior me buying it
- I completed a cut and shut job on the rust below the heater bubble in the engine wall. It was a back yard job with a panel beater friend of mine. It was fairly neat but would need some refinement to get looking perfect. I took the heater bubble off one of the other vans with the idea to make it removable for clearing out water. The bubble is included but is not fixed to the engine bay, it's just tacked in there.
- Engine bay was resprayed when we did the rust, my mate applied a rubber to the firewall before we painted it which compromised the overall finish but could be removed.
- There is rust is the drivers side door sills, the passenger seems ok
- Odd rust spots throughout the body but nothing that seems too terminal
- A rotted area above the ear wheel was also a cut ans shut job and smoothed with a filler. The repair has held up really well. A few other rust bubbles are near the lower part of the arch but seem isolated.
- Headliner has been removed and is rolled up and wrapped in storage
- CSA globe mag wheels
- Has the round headlight grill with the ford oval. The best combo in my opinion :)
- Has pacemaker extractors fitted with a 2.5 inch exhaust straight through
Parts I am also selling;
2 starter motors in varied condition
2 inlet manifolds
2 exhust manifolds
1 dizzy unknown condition
Pair barn doors that I have prepped ready for paint
Parts for sale separately
RS style steering wheel #1, missing center cap
RS style steering wheel #2, complete
Pair bubble windows #1
Par bubble windows #2
4 speed gearbox #1
4 speed gearbox #2
Dash pad #1
Dash pad #2
LHS front door, inner latch handle, most mechanics
RHD front door, inner latch handle, most mechanics
Door handles (pair)
4 x Bridgestone Steel Belted (205/60/13) with raised white text (unsure on how roadworthy but great looking set of tires for a show & shine)
post edited by wizardofcoz - 2019/01/02 12:14:41